Job Category: Development
Requisition Number: DATAS01518
Showing 1 location
Atlanta, GA 30326, USA
Title: Data Scientist
Location: Remote- United States
Reports to: Director, FP&A and Data Management
Rubicon Global (Rubicon) provides affordable waste and recycling solutions for businesses seeking a smarter, sustainable alternative.
To efficiently manage waste and recycling solutions, Rubicon utilizes proprietary technology that connects haulers to customers, streamlines billing, and verifies waste reporting. We are hiring someone to be part of the Financial Team at Rubicon to oversee a newly established Contract Data Management group. This position is critical to the success of Rubicon and its customers by ensuring contract data is effectively collected, entered, and managed to act as the foundation for our proprietary technology.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Support our Processes:
- Ownership for project deliverables within Data Management scope of services
- Develop machine learning and pricing models
- Dive into large, complex real-world datasets and produce innovative analysis and predictive models.
- Identify trends and issues early
- Enable a true root-cause analysis of issues
- Review and rectify data integrity gaps in existing contract database
- Contribute to idea generation for additional process improvements and automation
- Create dashboards and interactive visual reports using Power BI
- Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models
- Propose and prioritize changes to reporting and create additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements
- Support efforts to ensure data integrity across all platforms and departments
- Work closely with the rest of the Rubicon team to create ad-hoc reports to support timely business decisions and project work
Support our People:
- Provides timely feedback to Director, FP&A and Data Mgmt and other project team members to improve deliverables
- Work closely with Development & FP&A Team and assists with ad-hoc projects as they arise
- Support cross-functional coordination to better support data completeness / integrity and expedite issue resolutions
Support our Technology:
- Monitor performance of existing technology and build business cases for technology enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Engineering or a related field from a four-year college or university; or five years dashboard development experience
- Ability to work effectively with IT and internal customers to mine the right data sources efficiently and accurately
- Proficient SQL skills and mastery of at least one statistical analytics tool; ideally with experience in Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Access, R, SPSS and PowerBI (or any business intelligence tools)
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of writing recommendations and interacting with company personnel on complex topics
- Highly organized and disciplined with ability to quickly identify and resolve issues
- Proven statistical skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- A clear passion for learning new business analysis techniques independently and continuously
- Understanding of BI best practices/methodologies, relational database management concepts, dimensional data modeling, data warehouse concepts and reporting techniques
- Must pass all Firm background checks – drug test, criminal background check, credit check, employment references, education verification, etc.
- Authorized to work in the USA without requiring sponsorship
Rubicon is a software company that provides smart waste and recycling solutions for businesses and governments worldwide.
Using technology to drive environmental innovation, the company helps turn businesses into more sustainable enterprises, and neighborhoods into greener and smarter places to live and work. Rubicon’s mission is to end waste by helping its partners find economic value in their waste streams and confidently execute on their sustainability goals. Learn more at www.rubicon.com.
Rubicon is a Certified B Corporation and an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.