Candid – Google Cloud Architect
Candid is a technology and management consulting firm that develops tailored cloud solutions for complex enterprises. We design, build, implement and manage sophisticated cloud solutions for the largest organizations in the world. Acquired by McKinsey and Co. in 2020, Candid serves the senior leadership of the world’s largest enterprises in achieving their cloud enabled business objectives. We’ve successfully performed over 250 cloud initiatives without a single one failing.
Candid is currently seeking an experienced Google Cloud Consultant to join our team of expert cloud consultants. This person will be responsible for providing leading-edge technology solutions to Fortune 100 enterprises. This individual will play a critical role in driving the strategy, architecture, design, and implementation of Google Cloud initiatives.
- Design enterprise cloud technical strategy
- Define and document cloud solution architecture(s) including technical designs and diagrams.
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable and highly available services on Google Cloud platform.
- Design and implement cloud infrastructure solutions for distributed systems and applications.
- Design and architect cloud migration and cloud-native solutions.
- Design and implement automation pipelines for deployment into Google Cloud Platform.
- Build and deploy production systems in Google
- Design infrastructure as code structure including Terraform
- Devise enterprise strategies around containerization, serverless and API management.
- Participate in every aspect of the development and operational areas.
- Design cloud network connectivity architecture.
Technical Knowledge and Requirements
- Must have 7+ years of developing custom software with any of the languages like Java, Python, C++, or Ruby.
- GCP Cloud migration experience
- Experience with private, hybrid or public cloud technology.
- Understand multi-Cloud/multi-zone-based designs.
- Compute: Docker Apps, Lambda/ serverless, UserData customization.
- Preferred: Cluster/HA based parallel design/multi-region approach.
- Cloud automation Ansible, YAML, CloudFormation.
- Containers: Docker; Preferred: Container orchestration – Mesosphere, Kubernetes, ECS.
- Familiarity with functional operations of server, storage, and network functions.
- Virtualization experience (VMware, Xen, HyperV).
- Databases understanding: Oracle, DB2, MySql; Preferred: NoSql DB, MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB.
- 5+ years in software engineering with the technologies listed
- 2+ years in a leadership role (Projects or People)
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud Computing to include migrations, large scale implementations, and CI/CD.
- 3+ years implementing unit tests or automation frameworks
- 3+ years solution design/documentation and deployment with Google cloud platform.
- 5 years of proven consulting experience
- Extensive work experience in a client delivery role with direct client interaction
- Degree in Math or Computer Science or equivalent
Extra-Awesome If You Have:
- Driven to achieve a high level of client and customer satisfaction
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team as the technical SME.
- Passion for delivering high-quality technical solutions
- Strong crisis management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Natural enthusiasm and ability to learn cutting edge technologies
When you join Candid, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. "You become part of the Candid family, a group of talented women and men who drive innovation, solve complex problems, embrace change, and above all love technology". In addition to that, below are a few more reasons to join the Candid team:
- Candid is the only Cloud firm on the Inc 5000 Fastest-Growing list five years in a row
- Candid is the only Cloud firm that automates all six stages of the Journey to Cloud
- Candid is the only cloud firm to have successfully built and deployed a massively scalable serverless banking system into production in under 24 hours
- Candid was the first cloud firm to successfully migrate a mainframe to the cloud
- Candid has performed more than 250 cloud migrations/initiatives, and none has ever failed
Benefits & Perks
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental and vision plans
- Financial protection through disability, life, accidental death & dismemberment, and business travel insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- FSA & HSA accounts to help you set aside pre-tax dollars for your healthcare needs
- To help manage your work – life needs; we offer an employee assistance program, professional certification reimbursement, subsidized gym participation reimbursement, financial and wellness seminars
- Long-term care insurance
- Generous paid time off program
- Enjoy our monthly employee social events
- Public speaking opportunities at the company or local events
- Open to relocating to Atlanta or Dallas? Candid will gladly offer relocation assistance to help with the transition
Apply and be the Candid difference!
YouTube Channel: Life@Candid