| || |
- McLean, VA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability); 401(k); Profit Sharing; Health and Wellness Benefits; and Paid Sick Time, Vacation Time, and Holiday Time.
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Currently remote, but will transition to McLean VA in the future.
Position Summary: The Proposal Manager manages the full life cycle of the proposal response process from analysis of RFPs to final production and submission of proposals.
iWorks is a successful, growth-oriented small business. Our employees have selected us as a Washington Post Top Workplace for 5 years, including 2020. We give you the ability to lead, manage, and take ownership, a freedom which is difficult to find in companies with rigid corporate ladders. Not only that, but we foster a community of friendship. Check us out on Glassdoor to see just how happy our employees are. While you're at it, find us on Facebook and Twitter for a glimpse of our company culture.
We offer exceptional comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability); Safe Harbor 401(k); Profit Sharing; Health and Wellness Benefits; and Paid Sick Time, Vacation Time, and Holiday Time.
You've got some proposal management experience under your belt, and you're looking for something new, fresh, and exciting. Look no further. We take your valuable experience and skills and apply them not only to your daily responsibilities, but to any outlet you can use to strengthen them. We give you the opportunity to join your new colleagues in other areas of the business, including our company website development, social media outreach, business development, project creation, the possibilities go on. Bottomline: we value and respect the experience and education you bring on board and want to give you opportunities to grow, even beyond your normal job.
- Review RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs carefully and thoroughly to develop a response plan and provide guidance and leadership for the proposal effort
- Create proposal management plans, proposal outlines, and response schedules to guide the team in developing the responses
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval
- Coordinate with Capture Managers to ensure the defined win themes, differentiators, and solutions are integrated into the proposal response
- Occasionally write proposal sections or whole proposals/RFI responses depending on the nature of the tasks required
- Act as Team Lead to oversee, coordinate, and collaborate with proposal and BD team members, including junior-level employees
- Directs the work of other team members, consultants, SMEs, and executives
- Manage technical information from existing written materials, staff interviews/questionnaires, and internet research
- Provide thorough technical edits to proposal responses, and other business documents as requested, while also editing for style and consistency
- Develop an in-depth understanding of company capabilities and apply this knowledge to proposal response efforts
- Maintain proposal and BD document archives and databases
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5+ years of experience
- Progressive hands-on and/or management experience with proposal development, technical writing, editing, and publishing
- Proven experience in reading and analyzing requests for proposals, creating tailored proposal outlines and schedules, managing team activities, content and pricing development, and re-writing material under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience leading and supporting winning proposals
- Flexibility to adapt plans and processes based on changing resource constraints
- Able to deliver content within page constraints without sacrificing quality or compliance criteria
- A working knowledge of government contracts, GSA, FAR and DFAR is strongly desired
- Thorough understanding of the full proposal lifecycle. Formal training in proposal processes (e.g., Shipley) or APMP certification a plus.
- Able to motivate and energize a team to develop winning proposal solutions
FLSA & EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FLSA EXEMPT AND FULL-TIME POSITION
iWorks Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristic.