Position Title: Unix Systems Administrator
About The Company
iWorks is a rapidly growing business providing information technology professional services to federal and commercial customers. We specialize in agile software development, IT modernization, cloud migration, and business process improvement. Founded in 2005, we are recognized as a Top Workplace by the Washington Post. We are CMMI Level 4 appraised and ISO 9001:2015 certified, delivering high-quality service to our customers. iWorks’ culture promotes growth and development opportunities through dedication, innovation, and problem-solving.
The Unix Systems Administrator is responsible for configuring, maintaining, patching, upgrading, and administering hardware/software/configurations across multiple environments to ensure high availability and peak performance.
• Storage Administration and Engineering Expertise
• Local RA/Trusted Agent
• Release Management Experience
• Windows and other OS system administration, operations and maintenance on both the NIPRNET and SIPRNET
• Provides Linux and/or UNIX OS (Operating System) and Storage Administration and Engineering
• ChangeGear experience
• Virtualization, Vmware and VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
• Lab Test Engineering
• Middleware engineering and expertise
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/combined education
- 5-7 years of work experience providing IT Administration.
Technical Skills Required:
- Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills with good problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and shift focus quickly.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to set priorities and manage workload to meet those priorities.
- Extensive working knowledge with Linux platforms.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Knowledge of IT system installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues independently and/or in conjunction with other middleware and database administrators.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle principles, processes, tools, and techniques.
- Knowledge with performance measuring and monitoring of IT systems.
- Demonstrate ability to work under stressful situations and display professional demeanor.
Special Position Requirements
- With strong verbal and written communications. Self-managing and team player, work efficiently with little supervision, and willingness to learn/utilize new technologies and process.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens and must possess a DoD Secret clearance and maintain clearance as required for access to classified information.
- Work location is in Northern VA metro area with potential for combination with telework.
FLSA & Employment Status: FLSA Exempt and Full-Time position