What is the difference between a Nerd and a NerdHerder?
- A Nerd is a prospective cloud professional with a screened AWS skill set that an employer would like to hire for their expertise to fill any hourly, part-time, or full-time positions.
- A NerdHerder is an employer in search of a Nerd with an AWS skillset. Employers can post job openings for positions they would like filled on an hourly, part-time, or full-time basis.
Which profile should I sign up for? Nerd or NerdHerder?
- If you are a cloud professional looking to apply for hourly, part-time, or full-time work you will want to sign up as a Nerd. After signing up, you will be contacted by a Cloud Recruitment consultant to screen your AWS expertise.
- If you are a company looking to hire for hourly, part-time, or full-time work you will want to register as a NerdHerder.
What if I don’t receive a verification email?
Be sure to check your spam or junk folder! If you still don’t see any emails, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I edit a profile inside of NerdRabbit?
You can edit your profile directly from the home dashboard. Click the “edit pencil” and you will be directed to the profile card. Make any changes necessary using the “edit pencil” and be sure to click save once completed.
What should I put in my profile biography?
The profile biography section is for you to tell Nerds more about who you are, what you do at your company, and what kinds of people you are looking to hire.
How do I create a (h)opportunity?
The first step to creating a (h)opportunity is to click the (h)opportunities tab at the top of the dashboard and select create (h)opportunity. From there you will be guided step by step to complete the necessary fields. Once completed, you will click create on the last step. If you are not able to complete the steps, no problem! Just click “save draft” at any point along the way. The steps you have completed will be saved for you until the next time you return to the (h)opportunity.
Why do some Nerds have a blue checkmark on their profile?
Some Nerds have opted into our verification process which requires one reference to confirm the professional AWS background of this Nerd. Nerds that complete this process will get a blue checkmark on their profile.
What is up with the rabbit pictures?
On Nerdly, we wanted to do our best to promote unbiased hiring. One way we’re doing that is by maintaining a certain level of anonymity in the search results, so that connections are being made strictly on skillset.
How do ratings work?
- NerdHerders will be able to rate Nerds after any Hourly engagement. Writing these ratings can be done from the Engagements page.
- Nerds will also be able to rate their NerdHerders after an engagement, which can be reviewed by the NerdHerder on the Ratings page.
- NerdHerders can rate Nerds on Flexibility/Adaptability, Work Ethic, Communication, Problem Solving, and Overall Experience. Nerds can rate NerdHerders on Overall Experience. Both parties will be able to leave a comment about their experience.
How do I manage my billing and payment options?
- Your billing and payment options can be managed from the Sheldon avatar on the top right. Click Sheldon and select billing to make any changes, connect a company/personal credit card, debit card, or bank account that will be used as a primary payment method for your Nerd timesheets and fees.
- Bank Accounts take up to 48 hours for funds to land which can delay Nerds starting on a project. If you would like Nerds to start immediately after hiring, you can add funds to your account 2 days prior so that those are immediately available when you send an offer.
- From the billing page, you can also click the change plan button to choose to upgrade to a subscription if you find yourself needing more work than originally planned.
Where do I view my accepted interviews?
All accepted interviews can be easily viewed on your dashboard. You will be emailed a calendar link as well so that the time is saved on your calendar!
Where can I change my account settings?
From the dashboard, users can navigate to the settings feature by clicking the Sheldon avatar and selecting settings. From there you can manage your phone number, location, password notifications and time zone.
What are Corporate NerdHerders?
- Many companies have multiple teams in need of talent, so to simplify the billing process we’ve added Corporate NerdHerders. This lets an administrator user invite team member users to their NerdHerder account so that all their billing uses the same payment method!
- You can add team members by clicking the Sheldon avatar and selecting the administrator option. From there it is simple to click the invite members button and then add their email address. Once they accept the email, they can create their profile and start using Nerdly.
What can I do on the Engagements Page?
- On the dashboard, you can access your engagements as well as on the “engagements” tab at the top of the page. This feature allows you to manage and review current or past engagements with Nerds.
- From this page you can also manage a Nerd’s timesheet, payments, chats, conduct video calls or end an engagement.
Where can I access a list of all of the Nerds I have hired before?
Nerds that you have hired before can always be found with the corresponding engagements. You will also find these Nerds as a contact. Simply click your chat bar and click for your contacts.
How do I get started with NerdRabbit?
- The first step in getting started with NerdRabbit is to register for Nerdly.
- The Nerdly app can be accessed from the Nerdly tab on nerdrabbit.com. Once you’re on the Nerdly app, look to the top right corner of the page and click on registration.
Can I link a social media account with NerdRabbit?
Yes! We have given NerdHerders the option of signing up with either LinkedIn or Google. There are two buttons to sign up using any of those accounts at the bottom of the sign up form.
How do I create a profile inside of NerdRabbit?
You can log into Nerdly after you verify your email. The first time you log in, you will be taken through the steps to create your account.
Why can’t I add my own profile picture?
We strive to reduce hiring bias with our Nerdly software and maintaining a certain degree of anonymity is one of the measures that makes this possible. Your profile will not show your name or picture so that your AWS background can speak for itself. In lieu of a picture, we have given you the ability to create your own personalized Sheldon! This customizable rabbit will be what is shown to your prospective employees when they view your profile.
What is a (h)opportunity?
At NerdRabbit, we do not have standard job postings—we have (h)opportunities. These are opportunities created by employers looking to fill one or many positions within their company. Once created, they will show up on the (h)opportunity board and can be applied to by any Nerd on our platform. They can be offered on an hourly basis.
Where can I find a Nerd?
- Finding a Nerd is a simple process. First, you’ll select the “Find Your Nerd” tab. From here you can type in keywords that are important in your search. Keep in mind we allow you to use the “And” and “Or” button to the right to help your search and find the right Nerd for you!
- You can also filter Nerds by rate, skill, certifications, location, education level, and years of experience.
What is a Favorite Nerd?
If a Nerd looks interesting to you, you can favorite this Nerd to one of your (h)opportunities by clicking the carrot in the top right corner of the Nerd profile box. After favoriting a Nerd, the carrot in the upper right-hand corner will turn purple and the candidate profile will be saved under your (h)opportunity for later review. All of your favorite Nerds can be found on your dashboard.
How do I contact a Nerd?
Once you’ve identified a Nerd you are interested in, you should contact them via a chat request message. Click on their profile and select chat. You can type in a message and hit send. Once your chat has been accepted, you will find that chat communication on the bottom right-hand side of your screen!
What is a Verified Nerd?
A verified Nerd is someone who has had a reference completed by our team, confirming that they have AWS experience. This is indicated by a blue checkmark next to a Nerd’s name.
How do I interact with the Nerds I have selected?
From the “my (h)opportunities” section on the dashboard or the “(h)opportunities” tab at the top of the page, you will be able to see all the applicants for each (h)opportunity, chat with them, and even schedule an interview with the Nerd.
How do I hire a Nerd?
Once you have selected a Nerd, you can hire them directly from their profile card on Nerdly. Whether they appear as an applicant on a (h)opportunity or from their Nerd profile card, click “hire Nerd” and follow the easy steps to get your Nerd hired. Congrats!
How do I edit my profile?
Your profile can be edited directly from the dashboard by clicking the pencil icon. You can also edit your profile by clicking your Sheldon avatar and selecting profile. There you will also see the pencil icon that allows you to edit the necessary information. Don’t forget to save your changes.
How does a subscription work?
- NerdHerders who use our platform regularly can benefit from an annual subscription. Our standard Pay As You Go plan has a 20% service fee attached, but on a subscription you can choose a committed spend that will lower your fees to 15% in that committed spend range.
- If you use more than your committed spend, all additional hours will revert back to a 20% service fee unless you upgrade your plan to a higher committed spend.
- If you upgrade your plan, you will be prorated for the current month and the subscription time period will not change (for example, if you upgraded 3 months in, you would still only have 9 months left on your subscription).
Where can I manage my notifications?
Simply click your Sheldon avatar on the top right and select “settings”. From there go to “notifications settings” where you can manage your communication.
What if I need help with a feature or functionality on the website?
No problem, if you are having any trouble, can’t find an answer to something, or need help navigating the site, we are here to help! Click the “support” tab at the bottom of the page and complete the form. Also, we provide great FAQs to help answer a lot of your questions for both Nerds and NerdHerders. Or you can just tell Sheldon you need help, and he can help you log a support request!