nerdrabbit chief technology officer
NerdRabbit is rapidly expanding our teams associated with helping to eliminate barriers to cloud migration – with the biggest one being people. In this space, the traditional model of staffing is not fulfilling all customer needs – specifically those customers that need complete teams, immediate resources, fractional skill sets or need people who can start work today. NerdRabbit is the world’s first AWS Software Defined Staffing Company Powered by machine learning used to help fix those barriers.
NerdRabbit, the world’s first AI-powered, unbiased hiring platform that matches cloud professionals with cloud (h)opportunities, is seeking a Chief Technology Officer to lead product and development into our next stage of growth. NerdRabbit is an AWS partner, is on the AWS Marketplace, and is a portfolio company under Catalyst Tech Ventures.
Our Chief Technology Officer(CTO) will serve as a member of the Catalyst Tech Venture’s executive team, providing strategic and technological direction for our machine learning-powered software platform, Nerdly.
As CTO, you will be leading and directly managing a team of onshore and offshore software engineers, technical project managers, QA engineers, product managers, and support professionals. This is a unique opportunity with a fast-growing start-up to own and drive the end-to-end technology roadmap to achieve our strategic business objectives.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders, have worked in a fast-paced start-up environment, and are customer-obsessed, with an established background in developing scalable technical products. This role is highly collaborative and will work closely with our leadership across Product, Sales, Marketing, and Talent Operations teams to achieve and exceed the expectations of our end users.
in the first week, expect to:
- Meet the Team and Leaders across all Catalyst brands
- Learn about the history of NerdRabbit and Catalyst Tech Ventures
- Understand our Partner network and start have conversations
- Get to know Nerdly! Our game-changing platform that you are going to significantly enhance
in the first month, expect to:
- Dive Deep into the CTV offerings and current strategy
- Review resources, technologies, and logistics tied to our technology operations
- Find where we can improve our current go-to-market strategy for Nerdly software
- Plan and start the execution of new strategic initiatives and future roadmap
in the first six months, expect to:
- Build your team! We’ve provided a strong foundation of engineers, but we want to bring on the best
- Expand the NerdRabbit brand, through client interactions and attending tech conferences
- Create a positive impact on our current user base and on revenue generation
- Drive synergy between all CTV sister companies
in the first year, expect to:
- Work harder than you expected
- Love every minute of it
- Be excited to share every social media NerdRabbit post with family, friends, and colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of relevant software development experience
- 2+ years of managing an engineering team of at least 10 people
- 5+ years developing scalable products in AWS
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Drone, AWS CodePipeline
- Containers: Docker, OpenVZ
- Strong public speaker and confident in front of stakeholders and customers
- Knowledge and professional experience utilizing ML tools, i.e. Lex, Sagemaker, etc.
- Understanding of payment processing tools and integrations
- Strong business and technical vision
- Exceptional customer relationship skills
- Can manage engineering resources to meet aggressive timelines
- This position is for someone that enjoys change, loves tinkering, and never stops moving forward
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to lead by example, whether it means writing code, meeting with customers, talking to senior leaders, or starting something from scratch
- This position is not for someone who needs to have their hand held or is looking to coast under the radar
- This person has a customer first mentality and strives to keep things simple and user friendly
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans
- 401K program
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Incentive Trip
- Excellent interactive training/mentoring programs