Sr. Software Engineer – Remote – US
Vonage Engineering Mission:
We embody the notion of what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters:
As a Vonage Software Engineer, you will build the infrastructure and business logic for next generation unified communication platforms. We challenge our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
What you will do:
- Be in charge of developing software solutions that serve millions of users and businesses in their day to day communication needs, by specializing in end-to-end development.
- Act as the architect, designer, and coder of your project
- Take part in developing next-generation technologies that change how people communicate.
- Utilize Java and the latest technologies such as AWS, SpringBoot / Spring MVC, micro-service architecture, and MongoDB
What you will bring:
- End-to-end task ownership: This is a position that requires a leader – someone who can confidently see a project through from beginning to end.
- Ability to innovate disruptive technologies: Have an idea about how to solve a communications problem? We want to know about it and then we want to support your vision for bringing it to life.
- Independence in tackling challenges: You don’t need anyone to keep you on track.
- Organization and efficiency.
What is required of you:
- At least 5 years of software development experience and knowledge of Java.
- Ability to handle full application development cycle – from requirements to production.
- Experience in Spring, SpringBoot, Micro services, Postgres/Oracle/MySql, MongoDB/NoSQL/DynamoDB, AWS S3, ELBs, Kafka, Kubernetes, JMS/Any Queues, Spring Cloud Streams.
- Experience in Agile software development methodology: Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Desire to mentor junior developers so they become an awesome engineer like you!
What is in it for you:
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay, and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off, maternity leave policy, and tuition reimbursement.